The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Also known as||Blasphemer, Herr Schmitt|
|Born||(1975-01-13) 13 January 1975|
|Genres||Black metal, doom metal, death metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass, vocals|
Rune Eriksen (born 13 January 1975) is a Norwegian Spellemann award-winning musician and composer. He is best known as the former guitarist in the black metal band Mayhem under the stage name Blasphemer, which he took from a Sodom song. He joined the band in October 1994, but departed in late 2008. He currently plays in Aura Noir, Earth Electric, and the multinational bands Twilight Of The Gods and Vltimas, the latter a supergroup of sorts with vocalist David Vincent (formerly of Morbid Angel), and drummer Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy. Ironically, Rune and Flo also played together with Steve Tucker (predecessor and successor of David Vincent in Morbid Angel) for the artist Nader Sadek and de Rune has also made guest appearances with Absu, Negură Bunget, and Root. His former bands and projects are, besides Nader Sadek, Mezzerschmitt, and the Portuguese gothic doom band Ava Inferi. He resides in Portugal.
- Wolf's Lair Abyss (1997)
- Mediolanum Capta Est (1999)
- Grand Declaration of War (2000)
- Live in Marseilles (2002)
- Chimera (2004)
- Ordo Ad Chao (2007)
With Earth Electric
- Vol. 1: Solar
With Twilight Of The Gods
- Fire on the Mountain (2013)
- Weltherrschaft (2002)
With Ava Inferi
With Aura Noir
With Nader Sadek
- In the Flesh (2011)
- Living Flesh (2013)
- The Malefic: Chapter III (2014)
- Something Wicked Marches In (2019)
- "Mayhem - Win Spellemann Metal Award". Metalstorm. February 2, 2008. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- "Mayhem Successfully Enters U.S. Ahead Of Blackenedfest Launch". Blabbermouth. May 18, 2009. Archived from the original on 22 May 2009. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Biography: Aura Noir". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Rune Eriksen; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.