The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Sadiya Umar Farouq
Sadiya Umar Farouq
|Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development|
21 August 2019
|Federal Commissioner, National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons|
September 2016 – July 2019
|Born|| (1974-11-05) 5 November 1974
Zurmi, Zamfara State
|Political party||All Progressives Congress|
|Education||Ahmadu Bello University|
Appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari in July 2019, Farouq is by age the youngest minister in the current federal cabinet. She served as Federal Commissioner of the National Commission for Refugee, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) from October 2016 to August 2019.
Her work with President Buhari dates back to Buhari's days as the leader and presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change when Farouq was the national treasurer of CPC and later national treasurer of the All Progressives Congress.
In December 2019, Farouq was queried by the office of the president for exercising powers beyond her official briefs by employing more aides than officially approved and delaying the monthly stipend of N-Power volunteers, a social intervention program of the federal government.
- "Hajiya "Sadiya Umar Farouq" biography: Buhari youngest cabinet minister profile". BBC News Pidgin. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- editor (12 October 2019). "Sadiya Umar-Farouq: The New Super Minister". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 16 February 2020.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "EXCLUSIVE: Presidency Chides Humanitarian Minister For Excessive Use Of Power, Ministry Placed Under Strict Monitoring". Sahara Reporters. 25 December 2019. Retrieved 16 February 2020.
- Ebhota-Akoma, Eseohe (23 July 2019). "What you should know about Ministerial nominee: Sadiya Umar Farouq". Daily Trust. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Sadiya Umar Farouq; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.