The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Secretary to the Government of the Federation
|Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) of Nigeria|
|Executive Branch of the Federal Government|
|Member of||Federal Executive Council|
|Reports to||The President|
|Appointer||The President (Muhammadu Buhari)|
|Formation||1 September 1961|
|First holder||Dr. S.O Wey|
Secretary to the Government of the Federation is the official title of the political appointee responsible for ensuring the effective coordination and monitoring of the implementation of government policies and programmes in the hierarchy of Nigerian government.
Offices of the Secretary of the Government of the Federation
The following are the cabinets for the effective discharge of duties by the secretary
- General Services Office
- Political Affairs Office
- Economic Affairs Office
- Special Services Office
- Special Duties Office
- Boss Gida Mustapha (2017–present)
- Babachir David Lawal (27/08/2015 - 29/10/2017)
- Anyim Pius Anyim (01/05/2011 - 29/05/2015)
- Yayale Ahmed (08/10/2008 - 29/05/2011)
- Baba Gana Kingibe (29/05/2007 - 08/10/2008)
- Ufot Ekaette (29/05/1999 - 28/05/2007)
- Gidado Idris (17/10/1995 - 28/05/1999)
- Aminu Saleh (18/11/1993 - 17/10/1995)
- Mustafa Umara (27/08/1993 - 17/11/1993)
- Aliyu Mohammed (01/01/1990 - 26/08/1993)
- Olu Falae (31/01/1986 - 31/12/1989)
- Mr. G. A. Longe (01/01/1984 - 30/01/1986)
- Shehu Ahmadu Musa (01/10/1979 - 31/12/1983)
- Alli L. Ciroma (01/04/1977 - 30/09/1979)
- Mr. A. A. Ayida (23/04/1975 - 31/03/1977)
- Mr. C. O. Lawson (16/08/1972 - 31/03/1975)
- Mr. A. A. Atta (21/12/1970 - 12/06/1972)
- Mr. M. A. Ejueyitchie (04/08/1966 - 20/12/1970)
- Dr. S. O. Wey (01/09/1961 - 16/01/1966)
- "Anyim Pius Anyim appointed SGF". Vanguard News. 30 May 2011.
- "Jonathan swears in new Secretary to the Government of the Federation". Online Nigeria.
- "Past SGFS". Office of the Secretaries to the Federation.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Secretary to the Government of the Federation; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.