The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Senior Minister of Punjab (Pakistan)
|Senior Minister of Punjab
سینئر وزیر پنجاب
|Government of Punjab|
|Style||Mr. Senior Minister
Honourable Senior Minister
|Status||Senior Member of the Cabinet of Punjab|
|Member of||Government of Punjab, Provincial Assembly of Punjab|
|Reports to||Chief Minister of Punjab|
|Seat||90-A Shahrah e Quaid-e-Azam, Lahore|
|Nominator||Chief Minister of Punjab|
|Appointer||Governor of Punjab, Pakistan|
|Term length||As long as the current assembly remains in power and/or on the wish of Chief Minister|
|Formation||Constitution of Pakistan
(12 April 1973)
The Senior Minister of Punjab is a title sometimes given to a senior Cabinet minister in the Government of Punjab. It implies seniority over all other Ministers in terms of Cabinet rank, but has no specific powers or authority attached to it beyond that of any other Minister. The post is de facto second in Government, although neither of these posts confers the right to succeed a Chief Minister who becomes incapacitated or resigns.
The title is not always in use, so there have sometimes been extended gaps between successive holders of the title.
Abdul Aleem Khan is the current Senior Minister of Punjab.
- Governor of Punjab, Pakistan
- Chief Minister of Punjab
- Leader of the Opposition of Punjab (Pakistan)
- Speaker of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab
- Provincial Assembly of the Punjab
- Government of Punjab, Pakistan
- "Aleem again becomes Senior Minister in Punjab Cabinet with portfolio of Food". The Nation. 2020-04-15. Retrieved 2020-06-19.</ref> <ref>"Punjab Assembly | Members - Members' Directory". www.pap.gov.pk. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Punjab Assembly | About Assembly - Cabinet and Functionaries". www.pap.gov.pk. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Punjab Portal". www.punjab.gov.pk. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Abdul Aleem Khan allotted office at Shah Rah e Quaid-e-Azam Lahore (2020-04-14). "Aleem returns to cabinet after 14 months hiatus". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Senior Minister of Punjab (Pakistan); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.