The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Stefan Stam|
|Date of birth||(1979-09-14) 14 September 1979|
|Place of birth||Amersfoort, Netherlands|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2011||→ Hereford United (loan)||10||(0)|
|2013–2014||FC Den Bosch||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Stefan Stam (born 14 September 1979) is a former Dutch footballer who played as a centre back. His previous clubs include AZ, PSV, Eindhoven, AFC, Oldham Athletic, Yeovil Town, Hereford United, FC Den Bosch and Katwijk.
Life and career
Stam was born in Amersfoort. He played for VV Grasshoppers of Hoogwoud before playing for the youth teams of both AZ and PSV. He made his professional debut for Eindhoven and spent two seasons playing for the club in the Eerste Divisie. He moved to England in 2003, signing for Oldham Athletic after a successful trial. He scored one goal in 97 league appearances for Oldham, in a 2–1 win against Rotherham United in September 2006. He was released by Oldham in May 2009, and went on to sign a two-year contract with Yeovil Town the following month. Stam scored his only goal for the club in a 2–1 win against Exeter City in January 2010. Nine months later, he was made available for loan.
He joined Hereford United on loan for a month in March 2011, which was later extended until the end of the season. Following his release by Yeovil, Stam signed a two-year contract with Hereford in July.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2007). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2007–08. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. p. 386. ISBN 978-1-84596-246-3.
- "Stefan Stam". Voetbal International. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Oldham 2–1 Rotherham". BBC Sport. 26 September 2006. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Defender Stam released by Oldham". BBC Sport. 19 May 2009. Retrieved 19 May 2009.
- "Glovers seal Stam signing". Sky Sports. 28 June 2009. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Yeovil 2–1 Exeter". BBC Sport. 26 January 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Stam made available for loan". Sky Sports. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Hereford United extend loan of Yeovil's Stefan Stam". BBC Sport. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Stam seals Bulls switch". Sky Sports. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Stam Signs Two Year Deal". Hereford United F.C. 4 July 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Stefan Stam; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.