The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Kotsolis with Panathinaikos in 2014
|Date of birth||(1979-06-05) 5 June 1979|
|Place of birth||Athens, Greece|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
| * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:52, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18:17, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Born in Athens, Kotsolis joined Panathinaikos as an 18-year-old youth player in 1997 and made sporadic appearances over his first five seasons at Panathinaikos. The imposing form of first-choice keeper Antonios Nikopolidis and the presence of Józef Wandzik, Kostas Chalkias and Mario Galinović kept Kotsolis most of that time at the bench. He made his professional debut for Panathinaikos on 13 April 1999, in a Greek Cup game against Athinaikos.
In 2005, he was transferred to AE Larissa where he made a total of 121 appearances, playing there until June 2009. During season 2006/2007, he won the Greek Cup after beating his former club Panathinaikos at the final.
On 8 February 2011 he returned to Panathinaikos after five and a half years of absence from the team. On 23 July 2013, he renewed his contract for 2 more years. The 26 of April 2014 Kotsolis won his third Greek Cup playing at the final against PAOK FC.
Kotsolis was released by Panathinaikos after the end of 2016/17 season.
He is a former Greece under-21 international and team captain at the 2002 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship. He is also a senior international with Greece, making 5 appearances since 2005.
As of 14 April 2017[update]
- "Επέστρεψε στον Παναθηναϊκό ο Κοτσόλης (Kotsolis returns to Panathinaikos)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek). 8 February 2011.
- "Για ακόμα δύο χρόνια στον Παναθηναϊκό ο Κοτσόλης (Kotsolis to Panathinaikos for two more years)". Eleftherotypia (in Greek). 4 July 2011.
- "Παρελθόν και ο Κοτσόλης" (in Greek). www.gazzetta.gr. 16 June 2017.
- Seretis, I. (12 May 2002). "ΣΤΕΦΑΝΟΣ ΚΟΤΣΟΛΗΣ (Stefanos Kotsolis)". To Vima (in Greek).
- "Stefanos Kotsolis". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Stefanos Kotsolis; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.