The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Date of birth||(1939-01-06)6 January 1939|
|Place of birth||Nea Ionia, Greece|
|Date of death||10 June 2009(2009-06-10) (aged 70)|
|Place of death||Athens, Greece|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
After the end of his career he participated in all the events of the AEK Veterans Association of which he was president for 8 consecutive years.
Skevofilakas also earned 11 caps for the Greek national team, playing in qualifying matches for the 1966 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 1968. He made his debut in May 1963 at an away friendly match against Poland, which ended 4–0.
Later life and Death
On 10 June 2009, Skevofilakas died from stomach cancer. A few months earlier on 21 January 2009, he visited the AEK Veterans' gathering for the New Year, in his capacity as their president, to wish all of them health. It was his last public appearance.
On 20 January 2016, AEK organized a football tournament in his memory.
- "Στέλιος Σκευοφύλακας: Υπήρξε από τους σημαντικότερους παίκτες της ΑΕΚ κατά τη δεκαετία του 1960" (in Greek). Times News. 10 June 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Στέλιος Σκευοφύλακας". Βάση Δεδομένων Α.Ε.Κ.
- "Στέλιος Σκευοφύλαξ, μια ζωή ΑΕΚ (video)". www.novasports.gr.
- "AEKPEDIA | Home Page". www.kitrinomavro.gr.
- "Εφυγε από τη ζωή ο Στέλιος Σκευοφύλαξ". www.contra.gr.
- "European Championship 1968 (Details)". RSSSF. Retrieved 11 June 2009.
- "HFF:Greece men's team matches from 1961 to 1965" (PDF).
- "AEK loses a legend".
- "HISTORY". AEK F.C. Official Web Site.
- "Η τελετή έναρξης του τουρνουά "Στέλιος Σκευοφύλαξ" < NEA". AEK F.C. Official Web Site.
- Stelios Skevofilakas at WorldFootball.net
- Εδωσε νέα διάσταση στο παιχνίδι
- Εφυγε από τη ζωή ο Στέλιος Σκευοφύλαξ
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Stelios Skevofilakas; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.