The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Surinaamse Padvindsters Raad
|Surinaamse Padvindsters Raad|
|Founder||Maria Jacoba Paulina Oostburg-Cop (Gidsen Suriname)|
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
The Surinaamse Padvindsters Raad (Surinamese Girls Guides' Council) is the national Guiding organization of Suriname. It serves 502 members (as of 2003). The girls-only organization became an associate member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1972.
The Surinaamse Padvindsters Raad is an umbrella federation consisting of two independent member organizations:
- Surinaamse Padvindsters Gilde, founded May 1947
- Gidsen Suriname, founded August 1948
- The badge of the Surinaamse Padvindsters Gilde is based on the badge of the interreligious former Dutch Girl Scouts organisation, Het Nederlands Padvindsters Gilde. The badge consists of a ten-point star for the ten lines in the Girl Scouts law on a Trefoil for Girl Scouting/Guiding
- The badge of the Gidsen Suriname is based on the badge of the former Dutch Roman Catholic Girl Guides organisation, Nederlandse Gidsen. The badge consists of a Trefoil for Girl Scouting/Guiding on a Cross potent for Roman Catholic Scouting/Guiding.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Surinaamse Padvindsters Raad; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.