The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Suzy Amis Cameron
Suzy Amis Cameron
Amis in 2017
|Born|| (1962-01-05) January 5, 1962
|Other names||Suzy Amis Cameron|
( m. 1986; div. 1994)
( m. 2000)
Born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Amis Cameron first worked as a Ford model before she began acting in the 1980s. She made her feature-film debut in the 1985 comedy film Fandango. Amis Cameron next had roles in Rocket Gibraltar (1988), Where the Heart Is (1990), and Rich in Love (1993). In 1993, she appeared as Josephine "Jo" Monaghan in The Ballad of Little Jo. She later appeared in Blown Away (1994), The Usual Suspects (1995), and the blockbuster Titanic (1997), in which she played Lizzy Calvert, the granddaughter of Rose Dawson Calvert (Gloria Stuart). That same year, she starred in the Western Last Stand at Saber River and acted in the cult-classic Nadja. Amis Cameron retired from acting after her last screen appearance in the 1999 film Judgment Day.
In 2005, Amis Cameron co-founded MUSE School CA, a Reggio-inspired, independent, nonprofit school in the Calabasas, California, area north of Los Angeles, with her sister, Rebecca Amis, reported as the country's first vegan K-12 school with a 100% plant-based lunch program. Additionally, the school is zero waste and 100% solar powered, with Solar Sun Flowers designed by her husband, James Cameron.
In 2009, Amis Cameron founded Red Carpet Green Dress, a global initiative showcasing sustainable fashion on the red carpet at the Oscars. Collaborating with fashion brands such as Armani, Vivienne Westwood, and Reformation, the gowns and tuxedos have included vintage, recycled, repurposed and eco design. Previous campaign ambassadors include Emma Roberts, Priyanka Bose, Naomie Harris, Olga Kurylenko, Kellan Lutz, Sophie Turner, and Missi Pyle.
In 2014, Amis Cameron co-founded, with her husband, director James Cameron, and Craig McCaw, Plant Power Task Force, an organization focused on showing the impact of animal agriculture on climate change and the environment. Plant Power Task Force supported the first multi-country studies on global diets and climate change by the independent U.K.-based think tank, Chatham House: Livestock—Climate Change’s Forgotten Sector and Changing Diets, Changing Climate. They also spearheaded the "MyPlate MyPlanet" initiative in spring 2015, a platform for hundreds of environmental and health organizations in support of linking health and the environment in the U.S. Dietary Guidelines.
In fall 2018, Amis Cameron published OMD: Swap One Meal a Day to Get Healthy, Live Longer, and Save the Planet, with Simon & Schuster’s Atria Publishing Group. She will also launch the OMD campaign to promote plant-based food solutions to climate change, a multi-pronged effort to transform eating habits and the food system.
|1984||Miami Vice||Penny McGraw||Episode: "Heart of Darkness"|
|1987||The Big Town||Aggie Donaldson|
|1988||Plain Clothes||Robin Torrence|
|1988||Rocket Gibraltar||Aggie Rockwell|
|1990||Where the Heart Is||Chloe McBain|
|1993||Rich in Love||Rae Odom|
|1993||The Ballad of Little Jo||Josephine "Jo" Monaghan||Alternative title: Little Man Jo
Nominated—Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead
|1993||Two Small Bodies||Eileen Mahoney|
|1994||Blown Away||Kate Dove|
|1995||The Usual Suspects||Edie Finneran||National Board of Review Award for Best Cast|
|1996||Cadillac Ranch||C.J. Crowley|
|1996||One Good Turn||Laura Forrest|
|1997||The Ex||Molly Kenyon|
|1997||Titanic||Lizzy Calvert||Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture|
|1997||The Beneficiary||Connie Roos||Television movie|
|1997||Last Stand at Saber River||Martha Cable||Television movie|
|1997||Dead by Midnight||Lisa Larkin/Dr. Sarah Flint||Television movie|
|1999||Judgment Day||Jeanine Tyrell||Direct-to-video release|
|2014||Deepsea Challenge 3d||Herself|
- "UPI Almanac for Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019". United Press International. January 5, 2019. Archived from the original on January 5, 2019. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
actor Suzy Amis in 1962 (age 57)Cite uses deprecated parameter
- McDonnell, Brandy (December 16, 2018). "On the movement: OKC native Suzy Amis Cameron returns to hometown to tout her new book". The Oklahoman. Oklahoma City. Archived from the original on September 6, 2019. Retrieved September 6, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Metro.co.uk, Deni Kirkova for. "First ever vegan school in the US says you can't consume animals and care for the environment". Metro. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "James Cameron, Suzy Amis Cameron Unveil 'Solar Sun Flowers' Project". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- Cameron, Suzy Amis (2016-03-19). "Designing Change: The History of Red Carpet Green Dress". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- Prudom, Laura (2015-02-20). "Eco-Friendly Fashion Reigns at Suzy Amis Cameron's 'Red Carpet Green Dress' Pre-Oscar Bash". Variety. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Red Carpet Green Dress is here to change the way you think of sustainable fashion". HelloGiggles. 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "3 Celebrities Who Wore Eco-Fashion to the 2016 Oscars". Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Food Politics by Marion Nestle » My Plate, My Planet: Support Sustainability in Dietary Guidelines". Foodpolitics.com. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Witt, Annick de. "People Still Don't Get the Link between Meat Consumption and Climate Change". Scientific American Blog Network. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Curried kale cakes for My Plate, My Planet". CSMonitor.com. 2015-05-07. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Publishers Marketplace: Log In". www.publishersmarketplace.com. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "James Cameron snaps up organic empire". Stuff. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- Ghosts of the Abyss DVD – Special Features
- Barclay, Eliza (2014-06-08). "James Cameron-Backed School To Terminate Meat And Dairy". NPR. Archived from the original on 2014-08-15. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
The turn happened, Amis Cameron says, when the couple went vegan in 2012 after watching the documentary Forks over Knives.Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Woods, Judith (2012-10-02). "Rare interview with director James Cameron: Titanic temper, Kate Winslet, and veganism". Calgary Herald. Archived from the original on 2012-10-06. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
[James Cameron] drives a Toyota Hybrid that is a whole six years old and recently became vegan, along with his family of five children, aged from five to 23.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Suzy Amis Cameron; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.