The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Studio album by|
|Released||April 13, 1999|
|Label||Paladin Records/Warner Bros.|
Texas Plates is the second album by the singer-songwriter Vince Bell. It was released on April 13, 1999, and found Bell comfortably ensconced in the upper echelon of the songwriting guild and signed to a major record label. Unfortunately, whatever marketing there was presented him as just another singer-songwriter, as if they were all cut from the same Texan cloth, and the album remains largely unheard.
- "Poetry, Texas"
- "All Through My Days"
- "Push Comes to Shove"
- "2nd Street"
- "All The Way to the Moon"
- "Place to Call Our Own"
- "Best Is Yet to Come"
- "Have Not, Will Travel"
- "100 Miles from Mexico"
- "The Fair"
- "Last Dance at the Last Chance"
- "All The Way to the Moon," "Best Is Yet to Come," "Have Not, Will Travel," "100 Miles from Mexico," "Place to Call Our Own," "Poetry, Texas": Vince Bell, TVB Publishing (BMI), administered by Bug Music
- "The Fair," "Push Comes to Shove," "2nd Street": Vince Bell, Bug Music (BMI)/TVB Publishing (BMI), administered by Bug Music
- "All Through My Days": Vince Bell and Connie Mims, Bug Music (BMI)/Black Coffee Music (BMI), administered by Bug Music
- "Last Dance at the Last Chance": Vince Bell, Bug Music (BMI)/Black Coffee Music (BMI), administered by Bug Music
- The photograph on the front cover of the album is of Bell's great grandparents, Emily Louise and William Strickland, circa 1940s. According to the liner notes: "They sold gas and feed, flour and cold drinks, and anything else anyone needed from their general store on Highway 67, outside of Red Water, Texas."
- Vince Bell – vocal, harmonies, guitar
- Pat Bergeson – harmonicas
- Lewis Brown – trombone
- Pat Buchanon – guitars, sitar
- Chris Carmichael – strings
- Robin Eaton – bass, baritone guitar, acoustic guitar, sitar, jaw harp
- Mickey Grimm – drums, percussion, cajón
- Dave Jacques – electric and acoustic bass
- Brad Jones – upright bass
- Al Perkins – banjo, steel, dobro, lap, pedal steel, Kona guitar
- Ross Rice – piano, bass, Moog, Vox organ, harmonium, Wurlitzer, Melodica, organ, vibes and Omnichord
- Elijah Shaw – E-Bow
- Aly Sujo – violin
- Fireworks: Tennessee State Fair
- Kami Lyle: guest vocalist
- Maura O'Connell: guest vocalist
- Alex Eaton: guest vocalist
- Producer: Robin Eaton
- Engineer and Mixer: Elijah Shaw
Recorded and mixed at Alex The Great Recording, Nashville, Tennessee
Mastered by James DeMain, Nashville, TN
- Vince Bell official site
- Vince Bell's MySpace page
- Daryn Kagan profiles Vince Bell
- Vince Bell's artist bio at the H.A.A.M. (Houston Association of Acoustic Musicians) website
- “Introducing the Vince Bell "Handmade Hardtop Acoustic Dreadnaught Line”: lutier Vince Pawless describes custom-making a guitar for Vince Bell
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Texas Plates; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.