The image is from Wikipedia Commons
The Bridge (band)
|Origin||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Genres||Jam band, rock, blues|
|Members||Cris Jacobs, Kenny Liner, Dave Markowitz, Patrick Rainey, Mike Gambone, Mark Brown|
The Bridge is an American jam band. They are based in Baltimore, Maryland and formed between 2001 and 2002. The band is known for their live performances, blending various elements of blues, folk, funk and bluegrass.
The Bridge consists of Cris Jacobs on guitar and vocals, Kenny Liner on mandolin and vocals, Dave Markowitz on bass guitar and vocals, Patrick Rainey on the saxophone, Mike Gambone on drums, and Mark Brown on keyboards. The band has developed a strong following in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area, and as of Fall 2008 have toured much of the United States and parts of western Europe. They were awarded Baltimore's 'Best Band' and 'Best Album' by the Baltimore City Paper reader's poll in 2005. In 2008, they won the Jam Cruise 6 'vote to the boat' contest, earning a spot to play on the annual jam band cruise.
In 2002, they were briefly featured on the television show The Wire which is set in their hometown of Baltimore, Maryland.
The original line-up of the band consisted of Paul Weinberg on drums and Ryan Porter on bass. Porter and Jacobs went to high school together, where they were in a band called Big Fat. Markowitz and Weinberg were also in a high school band together named Black Eyed Susan.
On April 18, 2012, The Bridge announced they would be reuniting for one night at the 2012 All Good music festival.
- Cross Street Market (2004)
- The Bridge (2006)
- Blind Man's Hill (2008)
- National Bohemian (2011)
- "Readers Poll 2005: Our Readers Type, Clicked, and Scribbled Their Way to The Best | Baltimore City Paper". Citypaper.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
-  Archived August 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "News | The Bridge | National Bohemian". Thebridgemusic.com. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "The Bridge". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article The Bridge (band); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.