The image is from Wikipedia Commons
The Errand Boy
|The Errand Boy|
1961 Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||Jerry Lewis|
|Produced by||Ernest D. Gluscksman|
|Written by||Jerry Lewis
|Music by||Walter Scharf|
|Cinematography||W. Wallace Kelley|
|Edited by||Stanley E. Johnson|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Box office||843,546 admissions (France)|
Paramutual Pictures decide that they need a spy to find out the inner workings of their studio. Morty S. Tashman (Jerry Lewis), (the 'S' stands for 'scared'), is a paperhanger who happens to be working right outside their window. They decide that he is the man for the job and hire him on the spot. He bumbles his way through a series of misadventures, reporting everything back to the corporate executives.
- Jerry Lewis as Morty S. Tashman
- Brian Donlevy as Tom "T.P." Paramutual
- Howard McNear as Dexter Sneak
- Dick Wesson as The A. D.
- Robert Ivers as Young NY director who argues with T.P.
- Pat Dahl as Miss Carson
- Renée Taylor as Miss Giles
- Rita Hayes as Singer who dubs Davitt
- Stanley Adams as Grumpy
- Kathleen Freeman as Mrs. Helen Paramutual/Mrs. T.P.
- Isobel Elsom as Irma Paramutual
- Sig Ruman as Baron Elston Carteblanche
- Felicia Atkins as Serina
- Doodles Weaver as Weaver
- Fritz Feld as Roaring 20's Director
- Richard Bakalyan as The Studio Director (uncredited)
- Cast notes
- The cast of the western TV series Bonanza makes a cameo appearance.
- Leo Durocher (baseball manager and player) gives a group of "studio kids" (actually the Dover Basketeers) a pep talk.
- Joe Besser, a former member of the Three Stooges, has a bit part.
The Errand Boy was filmed from July 24 to September 1, 1961 and was released on November 28, 1961 by Paramount Pictures.
The film was released on DVD on October 12, 2004.
- Box office information for film in France at Box Office Story
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article The Errand Boy; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.