The image is from Wikipedia Commons
The Family Secret (1936 film)
|The Family Secret|
|Directed by||Gustaf Molander|
|Written by||Gösta Stevens|
|Based on||The Secret of Polichinelle by Pierre Wolff|
|Edited by||Oscar Rosander|
|Music by||Eric Bengtson|
|Distributed by||Svensk Filmindustri|
|26 December 1936|
The Family Secret (Swedish: Familjens hemlighe) is a 1936 Swedish comedy film directed by Gustaf Molander and starring Olof Winnerstrand, Karin Swanström and Erik 'Bullen' Berglund. It is based on the 1903 French play The Secret of Polichinelle by Pierre Wolff, and a French adaptation was also produced the same year. The film premiered in Gothenburg in December 1936.
A middle class family, planning an arranged marriage for their adult son with a wealthy heiress, are shocked to discover that he is already engaged and has a small child with his fiancee.
- Olof Winnerstrand as Arvid Ekman
- Karin Swanström as Lillie Ekman
- Erik 'Bullen' Berglund as John Hessler
- Birgit Tengroth as Margit Berg
- Kotti Chave as Arne Ekman
- Hjördis Petterson as Ellen Winkler
- Gösta Bernhard as Olle
- Wiktor Andersson as Orderly
- Ingrid Borthen as Marianne Winkler, Ellen's daughter
- John Botvid as First mate
- Greta Ericson as Gullan, Margit's friend at work
- Jullan Jonsson as Emma, Hessler's housemaid
- Ka Nerell as Greta, child nurse
- Ruth Weijden as Maria, Ekman's housemaid
- Per Olov Qvist & Peter von Bagh. Guide to the Cinema of Sweden and Finland. Greenwood Publishing Group, 2000.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article The Family Secret (1936 film); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.