The image is from Wikipedia Commons
The Wacky World of Mother Goose
|The Wacky World of Mother Goose|
Official release poster
|Directed by||Jules Bass
|Produced by||Arthur Rankin Jr.|
|Written by||Romeo Muller|
|Story by||Arthur Rankin Jr.|
|Based on||Tales of Mother Goose
by Charles Perrault
|Music by||George Wilkins
|Distributed by||Embassy Pictures|
The Wacky World of Mother Goose is an animated feature film made by Rankin/Bass, written by Romeo Muller and directed by Jules Bass based on Charles Perrault's stories and nursery rhymes. The movie is the first theatrical feature by Rankin and Bass. It features Humpty Dumpty, the Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe, and the Crooked Man (the villain). Mother Goose is voiced by Margaret Rutherford in her final film role.
In the land of Old King Cole: Jack and Jill, Simple Simon, Georgie Porgie, Humpty Dumpty, and the others are worried when Mother Goose has to visit her sister who lives beyond the Moon. Meanwhile, Count Warptwist the Crooked Man is up to no good and will stop at nothing to rule the land, so it's up to the good characters to try and stop him.
- Margaret Rutherford - Mother Goose
her last film shortly before her death
- Bob McFadden - Humpty Dumpty
- Bradley Bolke - Crooked Man
- Laura Leslie
- James Daugherty
- Craig Sechler
- Susan Melvin
- Kevin Gavin
- Bryna Raeburn
- Robert Harter
- William Marine
- Director - Jules Bass
- Producer - Arthur Rankin Jr.
- Executive Producer - Joseph E. Levine
- Associate Producer - Larry Roemer
- Screenplay - Romeo Muller
- Story - Arthur Rankin Jr.
- Adaptation from The Tales of Mother Goose - Charles Perrault
- Music and Lyrics - George Wilkins, Jules Bass
- Character Designer - Paul Coker Jr. (uncredited)
- Continuity Designer - Don Duga
- Animation Production - Toei Animation (uncredited)
- Assistant Director - Kizo Nagashima
- Sound Engineers: Stephen Frohock, Alan Mirchin, Peter Page, Eric Tomlinson
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article The Wacky World of Mother Goose; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.