The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
The Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra (東京フィルハーモニー交響楽団 Tōkyō Firuhāmonī Kōkyō Gakudan) is recognized as the oldest classical orchestra in Japan , having been founded in Nagoya in 1911. It moved to Tokyo in 1938 and has some 166 members as of 2005.
- Chief Conductor: Andrea Battistoni
- Honorary Music Director: Myung-Whun Chung
- Conductors Laureate: Tadaaki Otaka, Kazushi Ono & Dan Ettinger
- Special Guest Conductor: Mikhail Pletnev
- Resident Conductor: Kazumasa Watanabe
- Associate Conductor: Min Chung
- Permanent Honorary Member and Conductor Laureate: Norio Ohga
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.