The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Tor (research station)
|Location in Antarctica||Svarthamaren Mountain
Queen Maud Land
|Administered by||Norwegian Polar Institute|
|Elevation||1,625 m (5,331 ft)|
|Website||Tor Field Station
Norwegian Polar Institute
|Location||Svarthamaren Mountain, Queen Maud Land, Antarctica|
|Elevation||1,625 metres (5,331 ft)|
|Current tenants||Norwegian Polar Institute|
|Floor area||400 m2 (4,300 sq ft)|
The Tor station is located in the Svarthamaren Protected Area in Queen Maud Land, the easternmost part of Princess Martha Coast at Svarthamaren Mountain. It is located 1625 metres above sea level, about 200 km from the coast.
Tor is staffed only in the summer.
- NPI (date unknown). Tor Field Station. Norwegian Polar Institute (NPI). Retrieved on 2018-12-01 from http://www.npolar.no/en/about-us/stations-vessels/tor/.
- Official website Norwegian Polar Institute
- Dronning Maud Land Air Network
- Tor Research Station (in Norwegian)
- COMNAP Antarctic Facilities
- COMNAP Antarctic Facilities Map
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Tor (research station); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.