The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Tord Erland Grip|
|Date of birth||(1938-01-13) 13 January 1938|
|Place of birth||Helsingborg, Sweden|
|1977–1978||Sweden (assistant manager)|
|1988–1990||BSC Young Boys|
|1991–1997||Sweden (assistant manager)|
|1995–1996||Indonesia (U 23)|
|1997||BSC Young Boys|
|1998–2001||Lazio (assistant manager)|
|2001–2006||England (assistant manager)|
|2007–2008||Manchester City (first team coach)|
|2008–2009||Mexico (assistant manager)|
|2009–2010||Notts County (assistant director of football)|
|2010||Ivory Coast (assistant coach)|
|2014–2016||Kosovo (assistant coach)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Tord Erland Grip (born 13 January 1938) is a Swedish former football coach and player. He has worked with several national teams, including England, Sweden, Indonesia, Mexico, the Ivory Coast and Kosovo.
Grip began his football career as a teenager playing for Ytterhogdals IK, in which he as most footballers of his generation also played bandy, later playing part-time in the top flight for Degerfors IF and AIK while studying for his degree in Physical Education.
Grip became a player/manager at KB Karlskoga in 1969, and has since managed several other clubs, Swedish, Italian and Swiss.
He has also managed the national team for Norway, the Swedish women's senior team and men's under sixteen team, and has had two spells as assistant manager of the country's team for Sweden. After his second period as assistant manager of the national team, in 1998, Grip took up a coaching position at the club from Italy, S.S. Lazio, as the assistant of fellow Swedish manager Sven-Göran Eriksson.
In January 2001, when Eriksson was appointed England manager, he brought Grip with him from Lazio as assistant manager, and he remained in the post until the end of the UEFA Euro 2004, and with England until the end of the 2006 FIFA World Cup. In November 2006, Grip was appointed special adviser to the club from Sweden, Djurgårdens IF.
On 6 July 2007, Grip became part of the backroom staff of Manchester City, when Sven-Göran Eriksson took over as manager of the club, it meant that Grip was re united with Eriksson, after their reign together in the set up of England. In June 2008, Grip was again reunited with Eriksson, after accepting an offer to become assistant manager of Mexico.
In April 2009, after Eriksson was fired by the Mexico Football Federation due to a bad string of results, Eriksson and Grip took up the positions of Director of Football and General Advisor to the Director of Football at Notts County respectively. Grip is currently a freelance senior squad scout, for the team in the Premiership, Southampton.
Sweden (assistant manager)
Lazio (assistant manager)
- "Sweden national football team stats". passagen.se (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 9 June 2001.
- "Samtliga förbundskaptener damlandslaget genom tiderna" (in Swedish). Swedish Football Association. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "500 AIK:are - Tord Grip". www.aik.se. Retrieved 7 September 2021.
- "Tord Grip blir assisterande förbundskapten i Kosovo" (in Swedish). fotbolltransfers.com. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Tord Grip; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.