The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Lausanne University Hospital
|Lausanne University Hospital|
|Location||Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland|
|Affiliated university||University of Lausanne|
|Lists||Hospitals in Switzerland|
The university hospital acts as a general university hospital for people living in the Lausanne area, covering all areas of medical treatment. It also serves as a hospital offering acute and specialist care for the whole Canton of Vaud and parts of French-speaking Switzerland.
In 2019, the university hospital was rated as the leading hospital in Switzerland and 9th best hospital in the world by Newsweek Magazine.
Departments of the University Hospital of Lausanne:
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Oncology (UNIL-CHUV)
- Department of Obstetric Gynaecology and Medical Genetics
- Department of the Musculoskeletal System
- Department of Education and Research (UNIL-CHUV)
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Psychiatry, see also Hospital of Cery
- Department of Medical Radiology
- Department of Interdisciplinary Centres and Medical Logistics
- Department of Laboratories
- Department of Clinical Neurosciences (there is a Department of Fundamental Neurosciences at the University of Lausanne)
- Department of Surgery and Anaesthesiology Services
- Department of Hospital Logistics
- Department of Community Medicine and Health
The missions of the hospital are care to the patients, research and teaching.
The CHUV is part of the 'Lausanne Integrative Metabolism and Nutrition Alliance', a joint research initiative aiming to promote research and education on metabolism, nutrition, ageing and all associated diseases, such as obesity, diabetes or cancer, in Lausanne area.
The University Hospital of Lausanne publish In vivo, a free magazine aimed at a large audience (general public). It is produced by the Swiss media agency Large Network and published in French and English.
- Swiss Cancer Centre
- Ludwig Cancer Research
- Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM)
- Institut universitaire romand de santé au travail (IST)
- École romande de santé publique (ERSP)
- University Centre of Legal Medicine (CURML)
- Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses
- Jules Gonin Eye Hospital
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Lausanne University Hospital; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.