The image is from Wikipedia Commons
University Hospital of Zürich
|University Hospital of Zürich|
|Affiliated university||University of Zürich|
|Lists||Hospitals in Switzerland|
The first hospital in Zürich, from which the current hospital derives, is recorded as having existed as early as 1204. The name, location and buildings have since changed many times. As of 2008[update], the hospital employs an approximate staff of 8,000 (1'200 doctors, 2'400 care professionals, 980 medical-technical and medical-therapeutic specialists) providing medical care to 134,000 ambulant and over 35,000 stationary patients each year in 42 clinics.
Scientists and physicians of international renown who have practiced at the hospital include Ferdinand Sauerbruch, Andreas Grüntzig and Rolf M. Zinkernagel; the latter received a Nobel Prize for research done at the hospital.
- "University Hospital Zurich". EBMT. 2016.
- "Zurich hospital turns away US health tourists". Swiss Info. 20 September 2009.
- "University Hospital Zurich". ZHH. 2016.
- "Large intranet project completed at Zurich University Hospital". ELCA. 2016.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article University Hospital of Zürich; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.