The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Meri in 1960
|Born||(1928-12-31)31 December 1928
|Died||21 June 2015(2015-06-21) (aged 86)
Veijo Väinö Valvo Meri (31 December 1928 – 21 June 2015) was a Finnish writer. Much of his work focuses on war and its absurdity. The work is anti-war and has dark humor.
His diverse body of work includes novels, short stories, poetry, and essays.
Translations into English
- Manila rope: A novel. (Translated from the Finnish by John McGahern and Annikki Laaksi.) 1967.
- Private Jokinen’s marriage leave. (Translated from the Finnish by J. R. Pitkin.) 1976.
- Beneath the Polar Star: Glimpses of Finnish History. (English translation by Philip Binham.) 1999.
- "Finland mourns author Veijo Meri". Yle Uutiset.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Veijo Meri; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.