The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|• Municipality||221.5 km2 (85.5 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||25/km2 (65/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Viannos (Greek: Βιάννος) is a municipality in the Heraklion regional unit, Crete, Greece. The municipality has an area of 221.539 km2 (85.537 sq mi). Population 5,563 (2011). The seat of the municipality is in Ano Viannos.
In late July 2012, the area was hit by wildfires which caused severe damage in crops and livestock.
The province of Viannos (Greek: Επαρχία Βιάννου) was one of the provinces of the Heraklion Prefecture. Its territory corresponded with that of the current municipality Viannos, except a few villages that were part of the province Pediada. It was abolished in 2006.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- Σε ύφεση η πυρκαγιά στη Βιάννο Ηρακλείου, Καθημερινή onLine, 31 Ιουλίου 2012
- "Detailed census results 1991" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on March 3, 2016. (39 MB) (in Greek and French)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Viannos; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.