The image is from Wikipedia Commons
W. S. Holland
W. S. "Fluke" Holland (April 22, 1935 – September 23, 2020) was an American drummer who played with Carl Perkins, and later for Johnny Cash in the bands The Tennessee Three, The Great Eighties Eight, and The Johnny Cash Show Band.
He played drums on the 1955 Sun Records recording of "Blue Suede Shoes" and performed on the "Million Dollar Quartet" session that featured Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Perkins, and Cash. Holland appeared with the Carl Perkins band in the 1957 rock and roll movie Jamboree, performing "Glad All Over."
In 2014, Holland was honored at the Carl Perkins Center in Jackson, Tennessee for his sixty years of musical contributions.
In 2018, Holland was honored with the "Lifetime Achievement" award during the annual Tennessee Music Awards event at the University of Memphis Lambuth in Jackson, Tennessee. He was also inducted into the Radio Nostalgi Hall of Fame in Sweden on July 3, 2016.
Holland made a cameo appearance on the History Channel program Pawn Stars, accompanying a classic car collector who was trying to sell Johnny Cash's Rolls Royce to Rick Harrison. They did not agree on a price.
He died at his home in Jackson, Tennessee on September 23, 2020 at the age of 85.
- Shields, Brandon. "W.S. 'Fluke' Holland, drummer for Johnny Cash, dead at 85". The Jackson Sun. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- Setny, Jason (30 June 2017). "Interview with Johnny Cash legendary drummer WS Holland". Theseeker.ca. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Radio Nostalgi Hall of Fame". Radionostalgi.se. Retrieved July 1, 2020.
- Mehr, Bob. "Johnny Cash drummer, Sun Records veteran, WS "Fluke" Holland dead at age 85". Commercialappeal.com. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- (The "Official" WS Holland web site)
- Video Interview on July 14, 2013
- W. S. Holland discography at Discogs
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article W. S. Holland; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.