The image is from Wikipedia Commons
We Weren't Crazy (song)
|"We Weren't Crazy"|
|Single by Josh Gracin|
|from the album We Weren't Crazy|
|Released||October 29, 2007|
|Length||3:47 (album version)
3:37 (single version)
|Josh Gracin singles chronology|
|"We Weren't Crazy" at CMT.com|
"We Weren't Crazy" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Josh Gracin. It was released in October 2007 as the third single and title track from his album We Weren't Crazy. The song, which Gracin wrote with Bobby Pinson and Tony Lopacinski, is Gracin's fourth top ten hit on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, with a peak of number ten, as well as his first top ten since "Stay With Me (Brass Bed)", which peaked at number five on October 22, 2005.
"We Weren't Crazy" is a moderate up-tempo in which the narrator describes his adult years: starting with a move to California with his lover, then raising children and having a family of his own. In the chorus, he states that he and she, though they may have been "living for the moment", "loving blind [and] borderline reckless", they "weren't crazy" for starting their family the way they did.
Jim Malec from The 9513 gave the song a thumbs-up rating. Although he said that the lyrics weren't "brilliant or groundbreaking", he added that Gracin's voice and "infectious chorus" made it a song that "does what it does well". Thom Jurek of AllMusic cited the song as a standout on his review of the album as well.
The music video shows clips from Josh Gracin's life, and was directed by Stephen Shepherd.
The song debuted at number 51 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated November 3, 2007, and entered the Top 40 on the chart week of January 12, 2008. The song reached a peak of number ten in August 2008 after 40 weeks on the charts, one of the longest climbs to reach the top ten.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Billboard Hot 100||82|
|US Billboard Pop 100||78|
End of year charts
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs Year End Chart||46|
- Malec, Jim (October 9, 2007). "Josh Gracin - "We Weren't Crazy"". The 9513. Archived from the original on October 28, 2007. Retrieved July 30, 2008.
- Jurek, Thom. "We Weren't Crazy review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved March 22, 2009.
- Chart Beat Thursday: Whitney Houston, Black Eyed Peas, Demi Lovato
- "Josh Gracin Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Josh Gracin Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- Billboard Year-End Chart - Hot Country Songs
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article We Weren't Crazy (song); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.