The image is from Wikipedia Commons
World Art Nouveau Day
|World Art Nouveau Day|
|Related to||Art nouveau|
World Art Nouveau Day (WAND) is an event dedicated to art nouveau that is celebrated annually on 10 June. The first World Art Nouveau Day in 2013 was organized by The Museum of Applied Arts (Budapest) (IMM) in cooperation with Szecessziós Magazin (a Hungarian Magazine about Art Nouveau). The selected date – 10 June – is the anniversary of the death of two famous architects of the movement, Antoni Gaudí and Ödön Lechner. Activities like those organised on World Art Nouveau Day aim to create more awareness of Art Nouveau heritage among the public.
The two biggest organisations in Europe coordinating the World Art Nouveau Day activities are the Art Nouveau European Route in Barcelona, and the Réseau Art Nouveau Network (RANN) in Brussels. In 2019 the event was supported by European Heritage Alliance.
- "June 10th – World Art Nouveau Day". aubg.edu.
- "World Art Nouveau Day 2018 – Museum of Applied Arts". imm.hu.
- "World Art Nouveau Day in Budapest". 29 May 2019.
- "Szecessziós Magazin". szecessziosmagazin.com.
- "Art Nouveau European Route : The Route". artnouveau.eu.
- "Réseau Art Nouveau Network (RANN)". artnouveau-net.eu.
- "visit.brussels". visit.brussels.
- "World Art Nouveau Day 2019".
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article World Art Nouveau Day; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.