The image is from Wikipedia Commons
ZE postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
|Lerwick postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Lerwick|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The ZE postcode area, also known as the Lerwick postcode area, is a group of three postcode districts covering the Shetland Islands in Scotland, these use, that is are to follow the post town SHETLAND. ZE is taken from Zetland, the council area until 1975 and a traditional way of recording Shetland, or rather Ȝetland, it being yoch in the traditional alphabet.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postal district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area|
|ZE1||SHETLAND||Lerwick, Scalloway||Shetland Islands Council|
|ZE2||SHETLAND||Most of Mainland, Yell, Unst, Fetlar, Foula, Fair Isle||Shetland Islands Council|
|ZE3||SHETLAND||Virkie||Shetland Islands Council|
The KW postcode area is situated to the southwest.
- Postcode Address File
- List of postcode areas in the United Kingdom
- Extreme points of the United Kingdom
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article ZE postcode area; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.